Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Christmas baking is one of my favorite holiday traditions of the seasons. Not only do I love to cook with my kiddos, but I also love gifting my fave recipes to friends and families throughout the season!
If you haven’t tried Christmas Crack then you’re in for a treat!! Not only is this the easiest recipe (and I mean literally you cannot mess this up), it’s one of the yummiest too! 😋
Ritz Cracker Toffee Recipe
40 Ritz crackers (I substituted pretzels)
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place ritz crackers on the sheet and spread them out into rows
- In a pan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 – 3 minutes, until thickened
- Pour over ritz crackers and spread out evenly with a rubber spoon or spatula
- Bake at 375 degrees for 3 – 5 minutes, until the edges start to brown and bubble
- Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with the chocolate chips over the top
- Allow chocolate chips to set and melt for around 5 minutes, then use the back of a spoon or spatula to spread the chocolate out evenly
- Place ritz toffee in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes, or until set
- Once hardened, use your hands to break the toffee into pieces
- Top with sprinkles or toppings of your choice
- Store leftover ritz toffee in an airtight Ziploc bag in the freezer
Holiday Ritz Cracker Recipe
Want to make your Ritz cracker toffee recipe a little more festive and really lean into the “Christmas crack” nickname? It’s easy, just try adding some of your favorite tasty additional toppings. You can make this festive treat exactly how you like it! A few popular variations:
- M&Ms – especially red and green for the holidays! I like to use the red and green mini M&Ms – look for them during the holidays.
- Sprinkles – there are so many great festive options out there!
- Nuts – like halved or chopped pecans, cashews, or peanuts.
- Pretzels – crush or coarsely chop them.
- Toffee bits
- Peanut Butter – Add a large dollop of your favorite peanut butter and spread it on top of the toffee. or an extra yummy touch!
This recipe is a family favorite in my house and it’s so easy that you can even get your kids to lend a hand! What better way to spread that Holiday cheer then by baking up a yummy festive treat with your family!
Related: TikTok Famous Christmas Cookies